Newsletter Issue #5
- Pull up and swipe/wave card. It needs be within 6 inches from the card reader.
- The gate will automatically open. Drive into the club and pull past the photo cell/ photo sensor that is on the wood pole. If you stop in front of the sensor the gate will not close and will have to be reset.
- Then the gate will automatically shut.
- Also please continue to sign in at the gate until the board has linked the card numbers with members names in the system. We will send another email out letting you know when this is done. The yellow sign-in box is now located by the pistol bay road. When bringing a guest, they will still need to sign in and sign a waiver.
- When leaving do everything in reverse, but make sure to stop at the reader so your vehicle is not hit as the gate opens.
- The gate gives you plenty of time to drive through and it will automatically stop if you are in the way. Please drive all the way in past sensor to prevent the gate from locking open.
- We do have the ability to lock gate open for matches and public hours.
- Once you swipe your card on the outside of the gate, the system knows you accessed the club and will not let you swipe it twice from the outside. You would need to swipe it from the inside of the club.
- Once we can link member names with the numbers on the cards it will record who you are and when you leave so you will not have to sign in and out unless you have a guest with you.
The Board Elections will take place at the regular Board Meeting that is scheduled for Oct . 25th at 7:00 p.m. with the location of the meeting being at the West Liberty Community Center. All members are encouraged to attend the meetings and vote on the election.
Big Dawg Steel Match 2017 is Oct. 19-22nd!
Reminder: Please remember when having a guest come out to shoot,that they sign in and sign a waiver that is legible.
UP Coming Events:
Oct. 8th: Shotgun Match is scheduled to start at 8:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. The pistol bays will be closed Saturday/Sunday during these match activities.
Oct. 14th: Iowa Permit to Carry by Jim Amlong is scheduled to start at 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. Please contact Jim Amlong prior to the class to register.
Oct. 19th -22nd: Big Dawg Steel Match 2017 is scheduled to start at 8:00 a.m. each day. The pistol bays will be closed during these match activities. Please pre-register on PractiScore otherwise registration is at 7:00 a.m. and 7:30 a.m. is the Shooters Meeting with the match starting at 8:00 a.m.
Oct. 21st: Safety Class for New Members by David Kelzenberg is scheduled to start at 9:00 a.m.-1:30 p.m. To attend this class, you must pre-register by contacting David Kelzenberg at email@example.com or 319-621-5528 at least 3 days prior to class.
Oct. 25th: Regular Board Meeting is scheduled to start at 7:00 p.m. with the location at the West Liberty Community Center. All members are invited to attend. The election for the board will take place this month.
Oct. 28th: USPSA Setup is scheduled to start at 8:30 a.m. until finished. Pistol bays will be closed from start of set up thru the match on Sunday.
Oct. 29th: USPSA Match is scheduled to start at 8:00 a.m.- 1:00 p.m. The pistol bays will be closed during the match.
GREETINGS GUN CLUB MEMBERS:
It is that time of year and the new membership year starts October 1st. If you have not already done so, please send in your dues or $120 for Regular members, $60 for Associates [non-voting spouses], $36 for Senior [over 65] and Collegiate, and $24 for Juniors [under 18]. Your NRA membership can also be renewed, if needed, for $30 annually with a magazine subscription and $10 without a magazine. This can be expedited by mailing your application and checks [payable to West Liberty Gun Club] directly to Al Wicks, 2917 Stanford Ave., Iowa City, IA 52245 rather than to our PO Box since the box is not checked daily.
Please keep in mind that this email is being sent to all members so that they have the information regarding the gate usage. You may have already renewed, and we thank you. You may be in a “working member” status which partially or totally reduces the dues which you owe. If you have questions regarding this please contact me for an individual answer.
We are requesting you again fill out an Membership Renewal form as we have not done this for several years and some of the information may have changed. A form is attached.
IN ADDITION: After much delay which was not anticipated, we pleased to announce that the electronic gate is now active, so you will need your card for entry. The basic instructions for use
are very simple; here are the directions from the contractor. Cards will remain active for a 30day grace period until the end of October to give you time to renew your membership. After that time, they will be deactivated.
USPSA RESULTS FOR SEPTEMBER:
1ST Place Finishes:
Limited: Rod Jacob
Open: Rob Newman
PCC: Herb Martin
Production: Mike Sieverding
Single Stack: Bob Jensen
The Next USPSA is on October 29th. Come out and join the FUN!
The Big Dawg Steel Match 2017 is Thursday, October 19th – Sunday, October 22nd. Please register at Practiscore before the match. The cost is $50 per gun. Registration will start at 7:00 a.m. with the Shooters Meeting at 7:30 a.m. and the match will begin each at 8:00 a.m. for Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. On Sunday the Shoot Off will begin at 9:00 a.m., once this is completed the prizes will be awarded with tear down afterward.
All members are invited to come out and shoot the match or watch the fun!!